연구소 논문

식물류 혼합물과 마늘의 복합 조성이 고콜레스테롤혈증 흰쥐의 혈청 지질에 미치는 영향

• 2011-04-27
  • Hit : 9,848

첨부파일

Effect of the Plants Mixture and Garlic Composition on Serum Lipid Level of
Hypercholesterolemic Rats

This study was designed to investigate the effects of 4 kinds of plant water extract mixture and garlic
extract (PMG) administration on serum lipid metabolism in hypercholestrolemic rats. The normal
group was administered a cholesterol free diet, the control group a 1% cholesterol diet, and each experimental
group was given a diet of 1% cholesterol, 1% plant mixture and 0.3, 0.5, 0.7% garlic extract
(PMG-I, PMG-II, PMG-III), respectively. Each diet was administered orally to SD-male rats for 4
weeks. Total cholesterol content decreased by about 20% with administration of PMG. Triglyceride
content also decreased from 9.3 to 15.0% compared to the control group, and phospholipid was similar
to triglyceride. There was no significant difference in HDL-cholesterol content between the control
and experimental groups. LDL-cholesterol content of the normal group was 9.4 times lower than
the control group and its content was significantly lower in the PMG-II (68.45±12.83 mg/dl) and
PMG-III (66.35±5.18 mg/dl) groups than the PMG-I group. VLDL-cholesterol content of the PMG-II
and III groups were similar to the normal group. Atherogenic index (AI) and cardiac risk factor (CRF)
were significantly lower in the PMG group. Blood glucose content was the lowest in the PMG-II
(189.37±12.02 mg/dl) group among all groups tested. Total protein content was 9.56±0.87~10.05±2.69
mg/dl in the PMG-I~III groups and was significantly higher than the normal group. GPT activity did
not show a significant difference among the experimental groups, while GOT activity was effective
only in the PMG-I group. Serum TBARS content in the PMG-III group was lower than in the normal
group. Serum antioxidant activity by DPPH radical scavenging was 83.75±2.32% in the PMG-III group,
which was significantly higher than the control group.

Key words : Plants mixture, garlic, hypercholesterolemia, lipid level